CLINIC congratulates President-Elect Biden and Vice President-Elect Harris and welcomes them to their new positions of leadership in the United States. As an organization whose mission is to fight for the rights and dignity of immigrants, CLINIC is particularly elated by the historic moment and future that Vice President-Elect Harris ushers in, as a Black daughter of immigrants.
CLINIC urges the incoming administration to prioritize building a just and humane immigration system. In order to address the Biden administration’s stated priority of systemic racism, the supremacist structures enshrined in U.S. immigration law throughout history must be dismantled.
Read CLINIC’s letter to President-Elect Biden here.
CLINIC’s 2021 Administrative Advocacy Priorities:
Click here to read CLINIC’s immigration policy vision for 2021. CLINIC’s advocacy efforts are guided by our Catholic identity, counseled by our team of in-house experts and informed by our network of approximately 370 agencies (“affiliates”).
Transition Policy Papers:
The below set of policy papers written by CLINIC experts — as well as with partners — represent CLINIC’s aspiration on immigration policy for the first 100 days of the Biden-Harris administration and beyond. For policy inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CLINIC Transition Paper: Preserving Access to Naturalization for the Most Vulnerable Applicants: The Citizenship Test and Disability-Based Waiver
- CLINIC Transition Paper: Promoting and Encouraging Immigrant Integration
- CLINIC Transition Paper: Rebuilding and Restoring the Foreign-Born Religious Workers Program
- CLINIC Transition Paper: Remedying the Separation of Families at the U.S.-Mexico Border
- CLINIC Transition Paper: Restoring Protections for Immigrant Children and Youth
- CLINIC Transition Paper: Restoring the Integrity of the DOJ Recognition and Accreditation Program
- CLINIC Transition Paper: Restoring the United States Commitment to Asylum
- CLINIC Transition Paper: Rethinking ICE and CBP Sensitive Locations
The following transition papers were written by CLINIC and partners or otherwise endorsed by CLINIC: