General Ideas and Inspiration
- 12 Ways to Promote Integration in Your Community
Integration happens most successfully at the local level. Positive day to day interactions between local residents encourage mutual understanding of different perspectives and lead to increased respect amongst all those calling a community home.
- Partnership Toolkit
Partnerships are a valuable tool for any organization looking to expand or strengthen services in the community. In a well-functioning partnership, all members contribute ideas to the group, coordinate dates and events so that all can participate, and mutually benefit from the partnership.
- Harnessing the Power of Partnerships
This webinar training covers how to develop and use partnerships effectively and what resources you can use to manage them. Programs already benefitting from strong partnerships talk about their experiences and provide tips on how to seek out and pursue this type of working relationship. We also talk about how best to reduce the impact of notarios and encourage immigrants to seek out authorized immigration legal services.
Immigrant Integration and The Census
- The 2020 Census
The 2020 Census is rapidly approaching and robust participation in your community will have significant impact on your community’s congressional representation and amount of federal funding received. Use the below materials to help better prepare your community for the Census.
- Flyers for Individuals
- Flyers for Organizations
This toolkit is designed to help leaders ensure that everyone in your community is counted so that your local schools, roads and hospitals get their fair share of funding and your community receives fair political representation at all levels of government.
Census Toolkit by Faith in Public Life
Census Toolkit by Faith in Public Life (Spanish)
Partnering with Cities
- NEW: 2019 Webinar Series: Promoting Immigrant Integration in Partnership with City Government
This four-part webinar series highlights the basic components of establishing a relationship and working with your city government to promote immigrant integration
- Recorded Webinar (Recorded on 03/08/2017)
Working with Local Government on Immigrant Integration.
- Cities and Integration Toolkit
Here is a toolkit with ideas for working with your local officials on immigrant integration.
- Promoting immigrant integration: Ideas for working together with your local officials
Immigrant integration is a dynamic, two-way process in which newcomers and the receiving society work together to build a secure, vibrant and cohesive community.
- Welcoming the Stranger through Immigrant Integration
Welcoming the Stranger through Immigrant Integration discusses five state-level legislative initiatives that promote the integration of immigrants into our states and communities.
Partnering with Libraries
- Did you know that public libraries in your community can help with your program’s naturalization efforts and other integration work? Take a look at our many resources about how libraries can get involved.
Partnering with Parishes
- Resources for Helping Immigrants in Your Catholic Communities
- Building United Communities: Integration Strategies from Faith Organizations
- Moving From Stranger to Neighbor : How to Incorporate Parish Volunteers into Newcomer Integration Initiatives Webinar
In part two of our series on incorporating parish volunteers into immigration-related services, we move our focus to immigrant integration.