Case Management Skills & Database Functions
This virtual workshop combines case management skills training and a Lawlogix/EDGE software presentation. This three-day training utilizes live sessions as well as online forum discussions and optional independent assignments to provide an interactive experience for immigration legal service program directors to develop and improve their case management policies, procedures and forms. Participants will have an opportunity to share and brainstorm with other practitioners on how to improve their case management skills. They will also learn how to utilize Lawlogix/EDGE software for intake, consultation and other case management activities.
All live sessions will take place from 2-5 p.m. ET.
Day One: Wednesday, Oct. 21
- Introduction and agenda (0.5 hour)
- What is a case management system versus a database?; developing case management policies and procedures (1 hour)
- Intake procedures; case selection and case opening; file maintenance, case tracking and recording; and closing cases (1 hour)
- Open forum discussion (0.5 hour)
Day Two: Thursday, Oct. 22
- Review (0.5 hour)
- Staffing issues — best practices for hiring, training and staffing immigration programs (1 hour)
- Recognition & Accreditation, or R&A (0.5 hour)
Day Three: Friday, Oct. 23
Lawlogix presentation: Participants will have the option to attend a presentation by Kathleen Judd, Director of Customer Relations at LawLogix by Hyland, on how to administer EDGE software during intake, consultation and other case management activities, generating reports, billing, remote services/supervision, and much more. (2 hours)
If you have a disability and require accommodation in order to fully participate in this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Type of Training
Date of Event
Time of Event
CLINIC Affiliates - $120
Nonprofit Agency Staff - $130
Private Attorneys and Staff - $200
Payment and Cancellation
Payment by credit card only. All registration changes or cancellations are subject to an administrative charge of $70.00. Please note that CLINIC can only issue refunds until one week (7 days) prior to the course start date.