Advanced Topics in Program Management
This advanced immigration program management course addresses current topics that immigration program directors face, in addition to some of the long-standing challenges in their daily work. It features proven and promising practices that have been tested by other practitioners across the country, within and outside of CLINIC’s growing network of affiliates. This virtual training will be highly interactive, combining live presentations, large group discussions and small group activities. Participants will have the chance to evaluate and strengthen their current program management skills and put new concepts into practice before the session ends. Additionally, participants will be able to network with other peers who understand what it takes to succeed in this role.
The training will include the following:
- Advocacy updates: CLINIC’s advocacy team will discuss highlights of this year’s immigration policies and their impact on program management
- Case management skills: Facilitators will identify how to develop policies and procedures that can accommodate a higher client demand and uptick in remote services during the pandemic. Participants will join small and large group discussions on best practices and resolving scenarios
- Program evaluation techniques: Facilitators will discuss common data points that can be turned into compelling stories in order to gain more stakeholder support and community donations.
- Ethical scenarios: Participants will work through ethical scenarios and discuss solutions.
- Staffing issues: Participants will work through exercises that explore common issues that arise in our network.
- Open forum: Participants will have the opportunity to raise issues, ask questions and share replicable best practices with peers.
- One-to-one consultation on preparing DOJ Recognition & Accreditation applications: Optional activity that will be available for those who sign up.
All live sessions will take place from 1-4 p.m. ET.
If you have a disability and require accommodation in order to fully participate in this training, please email email@example.com.
Type of Training
Date of Event
Time of Event
CLINIC Affiliates - $260
Nonprofit Agency Staff - $285
Private Attorneys and Staff - $415
Payment and Cancellation
Payment by credit card only. All registration changes or cancellations are subject to an administrative charge of $70.00. Please note that CLINIC can only issue refunds until one week (7 days) prior to the course start date.