- Civic Participation Curriculum
A tool for educators and others wishing to facilitate civic participation by new Americans. Produced by CLINIC in 2020.
- Increasing Refugee Civic Participation: A Guide for Getting Started
The guide provides an overview of civic participation definitions, offers example of successful approaches, and identifies barriers to civic participation for refugees.
- Increasing Refugee Civic Participation in Schools: A Guide for Community Organizations
This guide explores the benefits and challenges to increasing civic participation in the school system and around education issues.
- Increasing the Participation of Refugee Seniors in the Civic Life of Their Communities: A Guide for Community-Based Organizations
This guide was developed through a collaboration between Mosaica and the Temple University Center for Intergenerational Learning’s “Civic Engagement for All” initiative.
- CLINIC Resources on Partnering with Cities
These recent resources include a webinar series, toolkits, a report, and other documents on partnering with cities to promote immigrant integration.
- Building and Sustaining Community Collaborations for Refugee Welcome: A Community Engagement Toolkit
This is a broader integration toolkit but has some discussion of promoting refugee civic engagement as an integration strategy
- Fostering Refugee Engagement in Community Building
This 2014 webinar hosted by Welcoming America explores approaches ethnic based community organizations, community organizers, and refugee resettlement agencies are using to help refugees become civically engaged with the community
- Ten Ideas to Encourage Immigrant Engagement: A Tipsheet for Local Officials
A 2015 tip sheet from the Institute for Local Government that provides ideas drawn from cities and counties throughout California on ways to more successfully engage immigrant residents.
- A Local Official's Guide to Immigrant Civic Engagement
This 2008 publication by the Institute for Local Government provides insights and examples to help ensure greater public involvement of immigrant residents.
- Civic Engagement and Recent Immigrant Communities: A Planning Guide for Local Officials and Other Community Leaders
A 2010 discussion guide developed by the National League of Cities’ (NLC) Center for Research and Innovation presents local officials with the first steps and directions for developing or re-establishing efforts toward integrating immigrants into the civic life of the city.
- Civic Participation and Community Action Sourcebook
A 2003 resource for adult educators from the New England Literacy Resource Center.
- Standing Up and Speaking Out for Refugees
This 2009 toolkit for refugee community leaders was produced by Mosaica and the Southeast Asia Resource Action Center.