Managing an Immigration Program: Steps for Creating and Increasing Legal Capacity
This manual describes best practices used by many of the country's most experienced nonprofit immigration programs and managers.
The manual covers program design, case selection criteria, case management systems, fee schedules, alternative funding sources, financial controls, marketing, staff training, BIA agency recognition and staff accreditation, and legal representation ethics.
CHAPTER 3 - Staffing Your Immigration Legal Program
- Sample Volunteer Agreement
- Sample Confidentiality Agreement
- Sample Prohibition Against Providing Legal Services Outside the Office
Article:Considerations for Immigration Programs Working on VAWA Self-Petitions and U Visa Cases by Gail Pendleton.
CHAPTER 6 - Managing Financial Performance
- Sample Media and Communications Strategy
- Sample Consent to be Interviewed by the Media
- Sample Guidelines for Communications and Public Relations