CLINIC & NITA’s “Advocacy in Immigration Matters” Training
CLINIC and NITA are partnering for the fourth year to offer a three-day court skills training for attorneys and fully accredited representatives who work full-time at a non-profit organization. This training is aimed at immigrant rights advocates who have a foundation in immigration court advocacy and want to improve their litigation skills through an intensive training experience with meaningful critique from experienced litigators and seasoned immigration practitioners, including a retired Immigration Judge.
To be eligible to apply for this training, you must have litigated at least one individual hearing by the application deadline.
In advance of the in-person training, selected participants must:
- View recorded NITA video on trial skills
- Review training materials, including the case file, sent to participants in advance of the in-person training by NITA
- Submit to CLINIC a certification denoting 1) full-time employment at a non-profit organization where the participant focuses exclusively on immigration cases, and 2) an understanding of the attendance expectations
- Submit to NITA the $250 tuition fee
- Lodging: Participants to book and cover lodging.
- Meals: Participants to cover dinner. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Travel Costs: Participants to cover travel costs. Travel costs may include airfare plus transportation from the Denver airport to Boulder.
**Note that no more than two participants from the same organization will be selected. If chosen for this training, you must then complete the NITA application and submit the payment of the tuition fee by Friday, February 14, 2020 to reserve your spot.
Type of Training
Date of Event
Time of Event
1685 38th Street, Suite 200
Boulder, CO 80301-2735