Current Issues Impacting TPS and DED Clients
About This Recording
With ongoing changes to the Temporary Protected Status landscape and the end of Deferred Enforced Departure, it is important that advocates have up-to-date information and advise clients appropriately.
This webinar reviewed recent developments that affect TPS clients, including:
- USCIS’ compliance with the Ramos v. Nielsen injunction, including the recent automatic extension of TPS through Jan. 2, 2020 for eligible clients from Sudan, Nicaragua, Haiti and El Salvador.
- Litigation challenging the terminations of TPS for Nepal and Honduras and DED termination for Liberians.
- Practice tips on filing late TPS re-registration applications.
- Recent trends in TPS-related advance parole adjudications.
- Advising clients on handling challenges with employment verification and driver’s licenses.
- Recommendations on program planning, community education and screening clients for other relief.