Recorded Webinar: Current Issues Impacting TPS and DED Clients
Recorded on March 22, 2019
The trainers for this webinar were:
- Jill Marie Bussey, Director of Advocacy, CLINIC (moderator)
- Ilissa Mira, Staff Attorney, Training and Legal Support, CLINIC
- Lisa Parisio, Advocacy Attorney, Policy and Outreach, CLINIC
- Jen Riddle, Staff Attorney, Training and Legal Support, CLINIC
With ongoing changes to the Temporary Protected Status landscape and the end of Deferred Enforced Departure, it is important that advocates have up-to-date information and advise clients appropriately. This webinar reviewed recent developments that affect TPS clients, including:
- USCIS’ compliance with the Ramos v. Nielsen injunction, including the recent automatic extension of TPS through Jan. 2, 2020 for eligible clients from Sudan, Nicaragua, Haiti and El Salvador.
- Litigation challenging the terminations of TPS for Nepal and Honduras and DED termination for Liberians.
- Practice tips on filing late TPS re-registration applications.
- Recent trends in TPS-related advance parole adjudications.
- Advising clients on handling challenges with employment verification and driver’s licenses.
- Recommendations on program planning, community education and screening clients for other relief.