DHS Secretary Mayorkas to Kick Off Day One of the 18th Annual Immigration Law and Policy Conference — the One-Stop Shop for Expert Updates and Analysis
CLINIC, MPI and Georgetown University Law Center virtual event Sept. 27-28, 2-5 p.m. ET
SILVER SPRING, Maryland — It’s September, and that means it’s time for the annual Immigration Law and Policy Conference hosted by Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc., Migration Policy Institute and Georgetown University Law Center.
For nearly two decades, the ILPC has been the must-attend event for government officials, lawyers, activists, and members of the media who want the latest in U.S. immigration law and policy, directly from the top decision shapers and makers and other experts.
- Opening Keynote Speaker (9/27), Alejandro N. Mayorkas, Secretary, Department of Homeland Security
This year, the Conference features panels on:
- The State of Play on Federal Immigration Policy (9/27), with Doris Meissner, Migration Policy Institute; Michelle Hackman, The Wall Street Journal; Mark Hugo Lopez, Pew Research Center; Kevin Madden, Arnold Ventures; and Anthony Romero, Executive Director, American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Rebuilding the U.S. Asylum System (9/27) with Andrew I. Schoenholtz, Georgetown Law, Human Rights Institute and Center for Applied Legal Studies; Alvaro Botero, Organization of American States; Jennifer B. Higgins, Refugee, Asylum and International Operations; and Laura Peña, Texas Civil Rights Project
- The State of Play in Immigration Courts and Local Communities (9/28) with Anna Gallagher, Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc.; Jojo Annobil, Immigrant Justice Corps; Sheriff Garry L. McFadden, Sheriff, Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office; and Mimi Tsankov, President of the National Association of Immigration Judges
- The Future of Immigration Law in Congress (9/28) with Muzaffar Chishti, Migration Policy Institute; Charles Kamasaki, UnidosUS; Pia Orrenius, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas; and Bob Worsley, Former Arizona Republican State Senator
WHEN: Sept. 27 and 28, 2021, 2-5 p.m. ET
HOW: The cost to attend both days is just $30, and free to media. Registration includes a virtual platform for attendees to engage, ask questions of panelists and access related materials. For general admission, create a CLINIC training account by following the ILPC registration prompts here. The deadline for paid registration is Sept. 23, 2021.
Members of the media should email Lynn Tramonte at firstname.lastname@example.org for complimentary registration and registration information. There is no deadline for media registration.