Legislative Relief Packages
- For up-to-date information and resources regarding legislative initiatives, including USCCB’s Migration-Related Requests for COVID-19 Package 4, visit Justice for Immigrants’ webpage.
- CARES Act: The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Stability, or CARES Act, is a $2.2 trillion economic recovery act that was signed into law on March 27, 2020.
- Catholic Charities USA has prepared a summary of the CARES Act outlining the benefits this relief can offer, including for nonprofit agencies.
- JFI summary of Migration-Related Policies on CARES Act
- Congressional Research Service’s Legal Sidebar, Recover Rebates and Unemployment Compensation under the CARES Act: Immigration-Related Eligibility Criteria
- National Immigration Resource Center, or NILC, has prepared a summary on the impact of COVID-19 relief bills on the immigrant community.
CLINIC Affiliates: If you are a CLINIC Affiliate and need assistance resolving issues in a case, please contact our Training and Legal Support team by submitting a question to Ask the Experts at cliniclegal.org/find-legal-help/ask-experts. If you have exhausted your case resolution options for a pending case you can also contact our Advocacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact advocacy if you are encountering issues in your practice that are not addressed by measures taken by federal agencies.