Training Events Coordinator
The Training Events Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating training events related to CLINIC's yearly programs training calendar, with a focus on in-person events — including their virtual equivalents. This position will report to the Training Operations Manager and requires coordinating with all of CLINIC’s sections and the ability to collaborate with middle management and senior directors.
The role requires strong logistical training events experience, exceptional attention to detail and a passion for creating high-quality training events for attendees. The Training Events Coordinator must be able to effectively manage all aspects of registration, online and on-site logistics, staff and guest speaker participation.
This position can be remote and located anywhere in the continental United States.
- Exercise leadership in CLINIC’s execution of programs’ training events under supervision of the Training Operations Manager.
- Collaborate with CLINIC staff to ensure goals and objectives for training events are executed.
- Act as liaison between the venue and CLINIC staff in programs section and guest/outside trainers.
- Execute strong understanding of CLINIC’s program goals and objectives in order to properly communicate needs to contracted external partners.
- Logistical coordination for training events includes but is not limited to, venue sourcing, contracting, budgeting, site selection, set-up online and/or in-person registration, overseeing collection of digital and print materials, producing certificate of attendance, travel accommodations, meeting and event design, catering, audio visual equipment, floor plans, manage payments and requests for cancellations/refunds as necessary, track registration and actual attendance in CRM database, assist with evaluation survey dissemination and measurement of outcomes in coordination with MLE staff.
- Contract specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Negotiate contracts to ensure services meet CLINIC’s quality standards and are competitively priced and include appropriate insurance and special riders, as needed.
- Ensure outside vendor contract agreements are met by monitoring attrition rates, contracted services are executed as listed, and be responsible for cancellation policies, meeting minimums, meeting payment deadlines.
- Ensure training spaces are ADA compliant, and special requests for accommodations, dietary restrictions, and accessibility are met.
- Conduct site visits for larger in-person training events.
- Stay abreast of developments in training events planning and participate in relevant professional organizations and conferences to understand and, as appropriate, identify trends and recommend new approaches.
- Contribute to policies and procedures as they pertain to in-person training events
- Serve as a back-up to Training Operations Manager in times of leave/vacancies or other circumstances that require online presence in place of an in-person event.
- Assist with daily management of constituent inquiries.
- Work with Training Operations Manager and Director of Operations on yearly budgeting process to ensure proper expenses are identified to plan for in-person and virtual training events that are financially sound.
- Act as a support for or backfill CLINIC’s Operations team members as they pertain to online training responsibilities including webinar platform facilitation and technical assistance.
- Assist Training Operations Manager with the creation and management of training materials and resources for constituents.
- Update CLINIC’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and Learning Management System (LMS) based on phone or email requests from constituents.
- Assist CLINIC’s training and events team with training registrations or training-related inquiries and administrative tasks on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support agency mission, vision, value statements, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior
- Willing to understand, respect and contribute to CLINIC’s vision, values, and beliefs
- Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff abide by the following Organization Behaviors:
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning – for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships
- Model stewardship
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Exhibit leadership skills and initiative
- Communicate effectively
- Own your work
- Teamwork and cooperation with colleagues
- Resolves conflicts effectively and makes effective decisions
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum two years of training events planning experience, or related experience in a non-profit, education, or membership organization
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer service to multiple groups and people of diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of and ability to apply meeting planning and hospitality industry principles, methods, and procedures
- Experience in negotiation and contract administration preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and ability to quickly learn other programs or software that assists with job responsibilities
- Familiarity working in CRM and LMS systems preferred but not required
- Familiarity with video platforms preferred but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Superb organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and to direct projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple events simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to review, analyze, and synthesize information
- Ability to work under extreme pressure with multiple tasks and last-minute changes
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and initiative
- Interest in serving the immigrant population
- Familiarity with the Catholic social teaching and the structure of the Catholic Church
- This is a remote position, although preference for proximity to Silver Spring, Maryland/ Washington D.C. area will be given.
- Must be able to travel on occasion for larger training events on the yearly calendar.
- This position may require extended periods of standing and sitting, as well as some repetitive movements, bending and repetitive lifting of significant weight. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key components and primary responsibilities.
The responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff members. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and non-essential job functions are subject to modification.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Commitment:
CLINIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibilities, religion, age, disability, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. CLINIC also provides “reasonable accommodations” to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. All interested individuals, regardless of background, are encouraged to apply.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO
This position is REMOTE
Silver Spring, MD 20910