Staff Attorney - Immigration
Catholic Charities Atlanta is currently seeking a Staff Attorney to work providing direct representation to immigrants in the state of Georgia. The Staff Attorney will assist immigrants in removal proceedings in front of the Executive Office for Immigration Review as well as applications with US Citizenship and Immigration Services. The Staff Attorney will have the opportunity to work on a variety of cases under the supervision of a Senior Staff Attorney. Representation will include applying for relief such as Asylum, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, Cancellation of Removal, as well as contesting deportation with innovative legal theories. Candidates should have active bar admission or awaiting bar results (Georgia state bar strongly preferred, but not required). The ability to work with clients while speaking and writing Spanish is required.
- Responsible for intake and counseling for potential clients, and completing and filing all appropriate applications for clients
- Conducting legal research to determine the appropriate course of action for potential clients
- One day a week is spent doing immigration consultation and evaluating new potential clients to determine whether they have an immigration relief
- Attending scheduled appointments with government agencies as requested
- Monitoring changes in immigration law and implement them in giving advice to clients
- Maintaining professional standards of competence through training and study
Interested candidates should submit a resume, writing sample, and cover letter.
Atlanta , GA