Site Lead - Legal Orientation Program
Catholic Charities Atlanta is seeking a Legal Orientation Program Site Lead to work full time in our Immigration Legal Services program. Candidates must either be a licensed attorney or be able to obtain Department of Justice Accreditation in immigration law within one year of hire. Fluency in Spanish is required. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
The Legal Orientation Program travels to three detention centers in South Georgia to provide detainees with Know Your Rights presentations as well as other educational programs. The work is challenging, as is the detention environment. As Site Lead, the candidate will coordinate the program services at one of the three detention centers. The Site Lead will work closely with a paralegal to ensure all needed services are provided and recorded for grant reporting.
- Serve as the lead service provider for the Legal Orientation Program (LOP) at a specific immigration detention center.
- Drive to remote immigration detention centers, including Stewart Detention Center in Lumpkin, GA, Irwin County Detention Center in Ocilla, GA, and Folkston ICE Processing Center in Folkston, GA, among others. This travel may include overnight stays on weeknights, approximately 2-3 nights a week.
- With support of the LOP Manager, manage stakeholder relations with leadership at the assigned LOP facility.
- Attend and participate in all required conferences, calls, trainings, and site visits.
- Ensure all data is appropriately collected and reported, including grant reports and detainee lists.
- Organize and replenish necessary materials for the LOP presentations (e.g. third language packets, releases, updated government agency forms, etc.).
- Any other duties as assigned, including assisting with in-office cases and other grant-funded projects on an as-needed basis.
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume