Safe Release Support Program Specialist
We seek compassionate, talented individuals with a heart for helping others and making a positive impact on the lives of men, women, and children across our large region. People of faith helping people in need achieve self-sufficiency and live with dignity.
Join our team as a Safe Release Program Specialist! As the safe Release Program Specialist you are responsible for assisting potential sponsors to qualify for the release of children to their care. You will be joining a team of committed individuals at the St. Frances Cabrini Center for Immigrant Legal Assistance that serves the immigrant and refugee populations in the Greater Houston community. You work within a team-oriented environment to provide family reunification services to potential sponsors.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- You have a High School Diploma or Equivalent and two years general office experience including typing, data entry, filing, and customer service
The Skills and Assets You Bring, and More
- You are detail-oriented and organized with excellent time management and collaboration skills You are fully bilingual in Spanish and English (read, write and speak)
- You are technologically savvy with superior computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- It is preferred that you have experience working on another database system strongly
- You can maintain confidential information
- You can effectively communicate to shelter case managers and stakeholders via telephone and email
- You can complete task on-time and accurately
- You can prioritize tasks and multi-task
- You have experience working within the immigrant and refugee community
- You are team-oriented, collaborative and flexible
The Value You Deliver
You join Catholic Charities and help people in southeast Texas by providing caring, compassionate services and advocating for social justice in collaboration with parishes and communities.
What you Deliver
- You coordinate with sponsors and shelter case managers to schedule fingerprint appointments for sponsors
- You create an electronic file of sponsor in a case management system, conduct the digital fingerprints, and submits the completed information electronically
- You complete paperwork accurately and in compliance with program standards including notarizing documents as required
- You make copies and organizes required documents for client files, digitize and index all client files
- You ensure that all documents are digitized and filed in an organized manner for quick retrieval and reference daily
- You ensure that all files are accounted for and properly completed daily
- You refer clients to the Legal Orientation Program for Custodians (LOPC)
- You counsel sponsors on available social service resources in the area
How Your Work Impacts our Organization
The work you do will help us advocate for the vulnerable among us, a network of support services to people of all ages and from all walks of life and religious backgrounds.
Cabrini - Houston, TX