Publications and Social Media Coordinator
The Publications and Social Media Coordinator promotes CLINIC, its mission and its work in the public arena, with an emphasis on the organization’s social media presence. This position develops and pursues public outreach in various forms to inform about and build support for immigrants and CLINIC’s work on their behalf. The Publications and Social Media Coordinator writes and edits for social media, newsletters, the Web, brochures, quarterly and annual reports, press releases, fundraising appeals and other publications for CLINIC affiliates, board of directors and public distribution.
Editing and writing
- Edit and format resources to align with CLINIC branding, work with the Web Resource Coordinator to publish and promote published resources on social media.
- Plan, research, interview staff, clients, and partners, write, and edit articles and blog posts on issues of concern to CLINIC and its network, in collaboration with program staff.
- Assist in the creation of copy for marketing and public outreach materials, including brochures, flyers and social media campaigns.
Newsletters, reports, other writing
- Produce monthly email newsletters for affiliate and state/local email groups and other intermittently published newsletters. Tasks will include: planning each issue’s content in collaboration with contributors; collecting material from contributors; editing content to conform to CLINIC style and clear writing guidelines; ensuring content is posted online and prepared for email release in keeping with established deadlines.
- Produce the quarterly and annual reports. Tasks include: planning the reports with communications and relevant other staff, such as executive and advancement; working with other departments to gather necessary metrics, writing main content or arranging for others within CLINIC to write articles; editing content; working with graphic designer to plan visuals and layout; arranging for editing review by relevant other staff, such as executive or advancement.
- Manage CLINIC’s social media by monitoring news and CLINIC’s activities, developing appropriate messaging, and engaging the online community through both responsive and proactive messages on social media outlets.
- Track overall metrics for platforms and individual campaigns, as necessary.
- Help promote CLINIC’s Catholic identity through its social media and web presence, publications and standard presentations.
- Work with CLINIC staff in participating in social media, as appropriate.
- Monitor social media in collaboration with other staff to maintain consistency and that CLINIC standards for “voice” and appropriate messaging are followed.
- Prepare a daily news aggregate email with relevant articles.
- Help ensure that staff activities and events are documented through video and still photography and other media.
- Provide back-up support to the Web Resource Coordinator to ensure that all posted material is relevant and updated on a regular basis.
- Represent CLINIC in public settings such as by staffing CLINIC exhibit tables at conferences and by working with outside organizations in planning joint activities such as social media campaigns; public advocacy efforts or faith-centered observances.
- Assist the rest of the external relations team as necessary with tasks including: preparing email marketing; design of print and on-line materials such as social media graphics and public information flyers; responding to news media queries; responding to public requests for CLINIC presentations or materials.
- In conjunction with the rest of the external relations department, provide assistance to other CLINIC staff as needed with public presentations; creation of materials for trainings or public distribution, or in support of CLINIC activities of members of the board of directors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support the organizations mission, vision, value statements, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior
- Occasional travel may be required to attend CLINIC’s board of directors meetings, and other special events
- Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff abide by the following Organization Behaviors
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning – for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships
- Model stewardship
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Exhibit leadership skills and initiative o Communicate effectively
- Own your work
- Teamwork and cooperation with colleagues
- Resolves conflicts effectively and makes effective decisions
Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Commitment
CLINIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibilities, religion, age, disability, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. CLINIC also provides “reasonable accommodations” to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. All interested individuals, regardless of background, are encouraged to apply.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One to three years’ experience in a similar role
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products and Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat. Experience with Premiere or Spark are desired but not required.
- Skilled with social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook) for organizational use
- Experience with a social media scheduling software like SproutSocial or Hootsuite
- Experience with an email marketing platform like MailChimp
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and to direct projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a highly confidential and fast paced environment
- Ability to review, analyze and synthesize information
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and initiative
- Interest in immigration
- Familiarity with, or ability to understand, Catholic social teaching and the structure of the Catholic Church
- Bilingual capabilities are desired but not required
- This position may require extended periods of standing, sitting, as well as some repetitive movements, bending and repetitive lifting of significant weight.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key components and primary responsibilities.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO CAREERS@CLINICLEGAL.ORG
This position is REMOTE until COVID restrictions have been lifted.
8757 Georgia Avenue, Suite 850
Silver Spring, MD 20910