Migration and Refugee Services Director
CCWVa is seeking applications for the open position of Director, Migration and Refugee Services. The Director of the Migration and Refugee Services Program is responsible for overall operations of the Migration and Refugee Services Program. This position is also responsible for the coordination and supervision of all services provided to eligible refugees, immigrants, asylees, and victims of trafficking, among others who meet eligibility criteria for program services. This position also has some responsibility for direct programming in Charleston and Morgantown.
Essential Job Duties
- Directs the daily operations of the Migration and Refugee Services Program, as well as program staff located in the Charleston and Martinsburg offices.
- Responsible for the developing, reviewing, assessing, and strengthening of program policies and procedures to meet agency standards as well as contractual requirements; including but not limited to developing and establishing work methods and standards, conducting staff training and development, reviewing and evaluating employee performance, and executing disciplinary action if needed.
- Responsible for the preparation, tracking, and reporting of program grants and internal reports.
- Responsible for the preparation, administering, and tracking of the program’s budget, ensuring that expenditures are consistent with established budgetary guidelines.
- Identifies and pursues funding sources to meet revenue goals.
- Responsible for the recruiting, hiring, orientation, training, and supervision of staff for each location.
- Represents the Migration and Refugee Services Program as the liaison to all agency associated organizations in matters related to immigration and refugee services.
- Builds relationships and partnerships with parishes, community organizations, and immigrant and refugee groups throughout the state.
- Maintains current knowledge of refugee and immigration issues, and advises the COO and Chief Executive Officer of policy/legal changes and the potential implications for clients and the agency.
- Recruits and organizes volunteers and sponsors for the program.
- Conducts intake interviews, assesses client needs, and assists clients in the completion of immigration applications, and carries caseload of immigration clients.
- Responsible for direct resettlement of eligible refugee populations in Charleston/surrounding areas.
- Provides support and makes referrals to other social services agencies as appropriate.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working with immigrant and refugee populations required.
- Ability to speak at least one immigrant/refugee language, Spanish preferred.
- At least three years supervisory experience required.
- Experience with federal reports and monitoring case files.
- Comfortable and effective public speaker.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, decision-making, problem-solving, oral, and written skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and database management.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Chief Operating Officer