Immigration Staff Attorney - Migration and Refugee Services
MRS resettles approximately 450 refugees annually from countries including Bhutan, Burma, Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, Eritrea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Pakistan, and Ukraine. We respect the dignity of each person and provide a supportive environment where each individual and culture is celebrated. Building upon the courage and strength of these newcomers, we seek to empower them to achieve self-sufficiency and independence.
What You Will Do:
- Represent client in family based and humanitarian immigration legal matters in front of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Customs and Border Patrol (CBP), the U.S. State Department, and the Executive Office of Immigration Review.
- Travel to detention centers to represent clients in detained removal proceedings.
- Advocate for clients who face a variety of challenges, including limited English proficiency, individuals who are victims of torture, trauma, and abuse, individuals with a mental health diagnosis, and immigrant children in removal proceedings.
- Yes. Travel required throughout the service area and to detention facilities.
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Doctorate or better in Law.
- 2 years: Immigration Law
Licenses & Certifications Preferred
- Attorney At Law