Immigration Attorney/Accredited Representative
The Catholic Multicultural Center (CMC), 1862 Beld St., Madison, WI 53713, is seeking a part or full time attorney or Dept. of Justice accredited representative to join our immigration legal services program. The ideal candidate will be fluent in Spanish and have a passion for serving the immigrant community. Prior experience with legal immigration work in a community based setting or non-profit will be highly regarded. Salary commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 21, 2022.
- Provide immigration consultations and appointments for Immigration Services clients.
- Identify available immigration benefits, obtain necessary documentation and evidence, file relevant applications, and follow cases to completion.
- Maintain applications, records, and all required documentation according to program procedures; submit in a timely fashion and manage deadlines; ensure confidentiality.
- Maintain and increase up-to-date knowledge of immigration law and policies through daily reading (e-mail list serves, publications) and participation in webinars, staff meetings, and periodic offsite training.
- Utilize resources provided by CMC through memberships (e.g. CLINIC) and affiliations.
- Attend meetings, trainings and/or conferences as necessary.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the policies and procedures guiding the work of this position in particular and the organization overall. Perform job functions in line with these policies and procedures.
- Provide appropriate referrals and work cooperatively with other area immigration programs. Assist Coordinator with outreach through participation in relevant community and stakeholder meetings and through participation in legal clinics as needed.
- Assist in daily organizational functions and in CMC events when needed.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Law degree/Previous or current DOJ accreditation
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in immigration law
- Fluent in English and Spanish preferable
- Demonstrated commitment to immigrant rights and willingness to support CMC’s mission, vision and values
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to working in a diverse working environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Proficiency in use of web-based software, MS Word, MS Excel