Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows through with referrals from parishes and general public as well as refugee resettlement staff and other Catholic Charities programs to provide consultation as requested on immigration legal matters
- Assesses referred cases for appropriate services (or possible referral)
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of family petitions, asylum applications, waivers, VAWA, consular processing, and other applications for immigration relief.
- Implements program’s revenue increase via attorney assisted services program
- Ensures strict adherence to budgetary expectations and program requirements
- Represents clients before USCIS proceedings and EOIR court proceedings;
- Represent Clients in State Court Dependency, Paternity, Custody, or Guardianship Proceedings for Special Immigration Juvenile Status
- Assists Program Administrator in the development and expansion of its immigration services and resources
- Remains current with law, literature and community needs and trends
- Acts as resource person for staff
- Completes required written assignments or reports in a timely basis
- Participates on a CQI team
- Attends agency meetings and staff development programs as required
- Attends training session as determined by the needs outlines in annual evaluation
- Member in good standing of Florida State Bar
- 3 years of experience in immigration law
- Bilingual (English/Spanish and/or English/Creole)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Software (especially Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Will adhere to all Catholic Charities and Diocesan policies and Procedures
- Exhibits professional telephone manner, interpersonal skills, confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with Diocesan employees, pastors, departments heads, representatives of other agencies and the general public.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and make responsible judgment calls.
- Ability to respect confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and good business judgment
- Ability to work irregular hours
- Knowledge and support of Catholic Church teachings
- Florida Driver’s License, excellent driving record and access to vehicle
- Job demands may require extended hours from time to time
- Ability to work closely with others and alone.
- Willingness to travel throughout the Diocese of Palm Beach to fulfill job requirements
- Willingness to respond to emergency situations without notice
- Willingness to prioritize and respond to the needs of potential clients
- Occasional light lifting and carrying of under 15 pounds
- Occasional moderate carrying and lifting of 15 – 44 pounds
- Frequent use both hands and fingers (i.e. typing)
- Frequent extended periods of sitting
- Occasional periods of standing, kneeling and climbing
- Occasional ability of minimal hearing (i.e. driving) and routine hearing (i.e. listening to others in conversation)
Palm Beach, FL