Financial Operations Manager
Ensures that financial operational activities are executed and delivered as per the standards of the organization. Works closely with the Executive Director in helping the organization maintain its performance, efficiency and sustainability through accurate data gathering, monthly financial analysis and developing plans for improvement if necessary.
- Analyze and oversee the financial and managerial operations of the company.
- Monitor and manage expenses within the established budget.
- Analyze expenditure and income trends to develop and implement purchasing and spending control guidelines.
- Manage internal accounting procedures and records on the bookkeeping to assess its finances properly and accurately.
- Approve third party payments through accurate reconciliation of financial records, as well as monitor and manage invoice and credit card payments.
- Manage account payables and receivables activities.
- Identify inefficiencies in recording and reporting financial information based on the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Conduct on-site observation to discern project profitability and resources used.
- Identify and assess existing data, document findings and prepare recommendations for appropriate financial and managerial controls, implementation of new processes and organizational changes to meet the needs of a larger organization.
- Oversees the system than ensures proper identification and records of clients, including safekeeping and proper disposing of records.
- Advise and recommend necessary changes on rates agreements, invoices and other client payment or financial assistance.
- Assist with appropriate training to workers in use of existing and new financial forms, reports and procedures, such as Check Requests or Staff Reimbursements.
- Act as the main point of contact for addressing any inquires and questions related to financial operations.
- Advise Executive Director and Board of Directors on strategies for sustainability, coaching on best practices and operating efficiencies and productivity.
- Assists in the forecast a sustainable budget for the next 5 years in coordination with Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Identify and monitor existing data, document findings and prepare recommendations for appropriate financial and managerial controls to meet the needs of a larger organization.
- Oversight of grant management and developing financial grant reports.
- College Degree, (finance, business or public administration preferred) or equivalent experience
- Financial Management knowledge/experience (taxes, budget, payroll)
- Non-profit organizations experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated commitment to serve
- Personal interest and knowledge on immigration issues
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Expert level of Technology Literacy in software and databases
- Strong written communication skills
- Attention to detail and time management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Shows initiative and its proactive
- Ability to work locally or to relocate to El Paso, TX
- Health Insurance Benefits paid at 75%
- Flexible work environment and schedule
- Paid time off, includes personal, sick, vacation and all federal holidays.
- Send resume, cover letter and 3 references at email@example.com
About the Organization:
Las Americas Immigrant Advocacy Center is an equal opportunity employer and offers equal employment opportunities in recruitment, selection, and advancement with no regard to race, cultural heritage, nationality, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, or any other status protected under the law
El Paso, TX