CLINIC Internship – Immigration Policy and Advocacy-Remote Position
The Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC) is seeking Interns and Externs.
CLINIC is the largest charitable immigration legal service network in the country that provides advocacy support, legal expertise, and technical assistance to over 375 legal services organizations nationwide.
Intern responsibilities may include:
- Reviewing and analyzing federal and state regulations and policy guidance
- Drafting comments on federal regulations
- Researching and analyzing state immigration-related legislation
- Supporting pro bono affiliates in immigration appeals
- Developing public education and training materials
- Assisting legal service providers with individual case inquiries
- Collaborating with non-profit partners on advocacy initiatives
- Attending meetings with government agencies, hearings, and other events
Applicants must have strong writing, research, and communication skills and excellent attention to detail. These internships are ideal for law students and college graduates considering a career in public policy or advocacy.
If interested, please email a cover letter, resumé, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Application for Internship/Externship” in the title. All intern/extern positions are unpaid. Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis.
CLINIC’s offices are located in Silver Spring on the Metro’s Red Line.
This position beginning in 2021 and going forward will be remote until further notice.
Silver Spring, MD