Bilingual Administrative Assistant
To advance the mission and purpose of Catholic Charities to help individuals and families to thrive, by supporting the Family Immigration Services Department’s low cost immigration services to immigrants and refugees. The Administrative Assistant will support the Immigration Counselors and Director as required. Advanced proficiency in Spanish and fluency in English is required for this position.
- Maintain a friendly and welcoming presence at the reception area.
- Receive anyone who enters the reception area in a cordial way, determine their specific need, and take appropriate steps in response. Redirect or seek supervisory assistance for any clients with complaints or concerns.
- Schedule appointments for immigration counselors using case management software and according to parameters set forth by program staff.
- Answer incoming calls, retrieve messages, and return phone calls as needed. Monitor and administer FIS general email account (immigration@CCharitiesCC.org).
- Refer clients with non-immigration needs to other Catholic Charities departments and community partners as appropriate. Maintain up-to-date referral lists with guidance from supervisor.
- Acquire understanding of basic concepts of immigration law, to extent needed to effectively screen client requests for assistance.
- Collect fees and maintain accurate records and receipts.
- Help in the process of obtaining information from clients, such as survey responses or documentation needed for completion of immigration application.
- Assist with keeping records sufficient for statistical reports required for funding sources, Catholic Charities of Central Colorado, and U.S. Department of Justice.
- Help with case file organization and file case paperwork, including mailing of documents.
- Represent Catholic Charities within agency guidelines.
- High school diploma
- Experience working with the general public in a customer service environment preferred.
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated self-starter and ability to work independently with little supervision and collaboratively within a team.
- Detailed and strong time management and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize multiple important tasks, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Previous experience handling a high volume of calls preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and ability to manage client cases in LawLogix cloud-based case management and tracking system.
- Advanced proficiency in Spanish and fluency in English (verbal and written). Strong commitment to supporting immigrants and refugees.
- Demonstrated responsiveness and sensitivity to cultural differences. Ability to apply culturally appropriate skills in interactions with clients, co-workers, volunteers, partner agencies, and other community members.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) in English and Spanish, problem solving, listening, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to form and maintain positive work relationships.
- Understanding of how the work of Catholic Charities upholds Catholic social teaching and willingness to represent Catholic Charities within agency guidelines.
- Occasional evenings and weekends are required to accommodate meetings and special events.
- $28,587 - Full Time 36 hours/week
Colorado Springs, CO