The Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC) is seeking Interns and Externs.
CLINIC is the largest charitable immigration legal service network in the country that provides advocacy support, legal expertise, and technical assistance to over 375 legal services organizations nationwide. The State and Local Project at CLINIC focuses on state and local initiatives such as immigration enforcement, access to identity documents, access to education, universal representation, voter registration, the unlicensed practice of immigration law – to name a few.
Intern responsibilities may include:
- Researching, reviewing and analyzing state immigration-related legislation
- Developing public education and training materials
- Assisting legal service providers with strategic and technical support
- Collaborating with non-profit partners on advocacy initiatives
- Attending meetings regarding various immigration-related initiatives at the state and local level
Applicants must have strong writing, research, and communication skills and excellent attention to detail. These internships are ideal for law students, students in public policy programs and college graduates considering a career in public policy or advocacy.
If interested, please email a cover letter, resumé, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Application for State and Local Advocacy Internship/Externship” in the title. All intern/extern positions are unpaid. Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis.
CLINIC’s offices are located in Silver Spring on the Metro’s Red Line.
This position will begin summer 2021 and going forward will be remote until further notice.