About our Catholic Charities Family
We seek compassionate, talented individuals with a heart for helping others and making a positive impact on the lives of men, women, and children across our large region. People of faith helping people in need achieve self-sufficiency and live with dignity.
St. Frances Center for Immigrant Legal Assistance is the legal services arm of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. It is one of the largest non-profit immigration legal services programs in the region. We provide free to low-cost immigration legal assistance to immigrants and refugees in Southeast Texas.
Join our team as an Administrative Clerk! As the Administrative Clerk you are responsible for handling tasks essential to the smooth operation of the office of the Cabrini Center. The Administrative Clerk is responsible for organizing and maintaining client case files, making data entry into case management systems, assisting with client communications, providing oral interpretation or written translation of documents, processing incoming and outgoing mail, maintaining adequate office supplies, assisting with the operation of Charla and workshops, and participating in community outreach as appropriate.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- You have a High School diploma or equivalent
The Skills and Assets You Bring, and More
- You have excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and function in a collaborative environment
- You have 2-years of experience working in an office environment
- You are fully bilingual in Spanish and English (read, write and speak)
- You have excellent, speaking and active listening skills
- You have strong organizational skills, ability to set priority, multitask, and work under pressure and competing demands
- You have knowledge and proficiency in basic computer skills: word processing, spreadsheet, database
- You demonstrate multi-cultural skills and sensitivity
- You can handle and maintain confidential information
The Value You Deliver
You join Catholic Charities and help people in southeast Texas by providing caring, compassionate services and advocating for social justice in collaboration with parishes and communities.
What you Deliver
- Case Data Management: You collect statistics on UCs served and the services provided to clients using Vera’s online management and reporting database (Caspio) and Law Logix case management system. Tasks include; inputting and updating the legal case status, legal case disposition, applications for legal relief filed, requests for voluntary departure, and other information/data from clients, Immigration Court, USCIS, EOIR, or State Court. Clerks will be responsible for generating statistical reports, and correcting data entry to ensure accuracy in the database on client information, case processes, and caseload information.
- Office Management: You process incoming and outgoing mail. Maintain office supplies inventory and order office supplies. You maintain program resources, documents, and handbooks. You assist in other clerical duties for the Cabrini Center.
- Case Assistance: You assist Legal Assistants/Paralegals and Attorneys in maintaining case information on case management systems, scheduling and conducting client intake interviews, preparing client case files, collecting, compiling and organizing supporting documents for clients’ cases, translating foreign documents into English as needed, drafting, and preparing case file correspondence. You assist Caseworkers and Attorneys in preparing clients for court hearing and USCIS interviews and perform interpretations at USCIS interviews as needed.
- Charla and workshops: You assist with the set-up, registration, and the orderly operation of Charla and workshops by setting up registration and presentation materials, client handouts, and administering the operation of the Charla and workshops.
- Meetings: You attend and participate in mandatory in UC team meetings, Cabrini staff meetings, and other agency meetings. You participate in calls and meetings organized by funders, city-wide advocacy groups, and local service providers when appropriate and helpful.
- Contract and Agency Compliance: You comply with all contract requirements. You provide data and statistical information for the grant, contract, and other reporting purposes. You provide accurate and timely monthly data, time logs, and reports for internal use, funder use, and other entity use. You participate in trainings, webinars, meetings, calls, etc. as required by funders.
- Outreaches: You participate in community outreach and legal education activities, including Charla and other community events, prepare community legal education materials on immigration issues. Other: You perform other duties as assigned by the Legal Director and Managing Attorneys such as assisting with in house meetings and trainings, coordinate with community partners, engage in coalition activities, participate in staff and agency retreats, assist with special events.
How Your Work Impacts our Organization
The work you do will help us advocate for the vulnerable among us, a network of support services to people of all ages and from all walks of life and religious backgrounds.
Cabrini - Houston, TX