Administrative Clerk LOPC
We seek compassionate, talented individuals with a heart for helping others and making a positive impact on the lives of men, women, and children across our large region. People of faith helping people in need achieve self-sufficiency and live with dignity.
Join our team as The LOPC Administrative Clerk! As the LOPC Administrative Clerk, you are responsible for handling tasks essential to the smooth operation of the Legal Orientation Program for Custodians (LOPC) of the Cabrini Center. Your responsibilities include developing monthly orientations calendar, registering participants, entering participants information into databases as required by funders, and maintaining records for internal and external use. You are also responsible for communicating with custodians concerning orientations, pro se workshops, or referral information.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- You have a High School Diploma or Equivalent and at least one-year general office experience including typing, data entry, filing, and customer service
The Skills and Assets You Bring, and More
- You are detail-oriented and organized with excellent time management and collaboration skills
- You are fully bilingual in Spanish and English (read, write and speak)
- You are technologically savvy with superior computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office365
- It is strongly preferred that you have experience working with database systems
- You can maintain confidential information
- You can effectively communicate to shelter case managers and stakeholders via telephone and email
- You can complete task on-time and accurately
- You have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task
- You have experience working within the immigrant and refugee community
- You are team-oriented, collaborative and flexible
The Value You Deliver
You join Catholic Charities and help people in southeast Texas by providing caring, compassionate services and advocating for social justice in collaboration with parishes and communities.
What you Deliver
- You develop monthly calendar and presenter assignments for group and individual orientation sessions; receive registration requests and add to the calendar and confirm participation with custodians, prepare the LOPC packet for participants.
- You collect statistics on custodians and update databases, update the LOPC participant tracker, process registration forms, digitize and archive registration forms, prepare mailing lists of participants, and mail the LOPC packet to participants.
- You assist Legal Assistants, Paralegals and Attorneys in maintaining case information on case management systems, scheduling and conducting client intake interviews, preparing client case files, collect, compile and organize supporting documents for clients’ cases, translate foreign documents into English as needed, prepare file correspondence.
- You make copies and organizes required documents for client files, digitize and index all client files. Ensure that all documents are digitized and filed in an organized manner for quick retrieval and reference daily.
- You attend and participate in mandatory team meetings, Cabrini staff meetings and all staff meetings and other agency-wide meetings. Participate in trainings, webinars, conference calls, and meetings organized by funders.
- You assist with the set-up, registration, and the orderly operation of Charla and workshops by setting up registration and presentation materials, client handouts, and administering the operation of the Charla workshops. Register custodians to participate in the Legal Orientation Program for Custodians (LOPC).
- You comply with all contract requirements; provides data and statistical information for grant, contract, and other reporting purposes; provides accurate and timely monthly data, time logs, and reports for internal use, funder use, and other entity use.
- You perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Attorney, Legal Director, and Vice President of Immigration Legal Services such as assisting with in house meetings and trainings, coordinates with community partners, engages in coalition activities, participate in staff and agency retreats and assist with other special events.
How Your Work Impacts our Organization
The work you do will help us advocate for the vulnerable among us, a network of support services to people of all ages and from all walks of life and religious backgrounds.
Cabrini - Houston, TX