Selected Issues in Immigration Program Management (Silver Spring)
Registration Opens in October 2020.
All eyes are on immigration, and as leaders of legal services programs, your actions are felt far and wide. Now more than ever, you must prioritize improving your program and making sure your community knows you are a resource.
Unlike any previous trainings, this advanced immigration program management course addresses current topics that immigration program directors face, in addition to some of the long-standing challenges in this daily work. It features proven and promising practices that have been tested by other practitioners across the country, within and outside of CLINIC’s growing network of affiliates. Through discussion and small group activities, you will have the chance to put many of these concepts into practice before the session ends. Additionally, you will be able to network with your peers who closely understand what it takes to succeed in this role.
The training will include the following:
- Best practices and resources on conducting large-scale know your rights and screening events.
- Effective case management policies, procedures and forms. Participants are encouraged to bring samples of their case management forms for a thorough review and assessment against best practices. Facilitators will identify how to develop policies and procedures that can accommodate a higher client demand. Expert practitioners will also share how they generate and analyze more data using an electronic case management system.
- Program evaluation techniques that include common data points that can be turned into compelling stories in order to gain more stakeholder support and community donations.
- Staffing issues. Participants will work through exercises that explore common issues that arise in our network.
- Updates on the DOJ Recognition & Accreditation program.
- Ethical scenarios. Participants will work through ethical scenarios and discuss solutions.
- Open forum for participants to raise issues, ask questions and share replicable best practices.
Light breakfast provided. Lunch is on your own. Several local options are within short distance of the training site and information will be provided.
Light breakfast provided. Lunch is on your own. Several options are within walking distance of the training site and information will be provided.
If you have a disability and require accommodation in order to fully participate in this training, please email email@example.com.
Type of Training
Date of Event
Time of Event
8757 Georgia Ave, Ste 850
Silver Spring, MD 20910
CLINIC Affiliates - $260
Nonprofit Agency Staff - $285
Private Attorneys and Staff - $415
Payment and Cancellation
Payment by credit card only. All registration changes or cancellations are subject to an administrative charge of $70.00. Please note that CLINIC can only issue refunds for an in-person training until one week (7 days) prior to the course start date.