FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Maura Moser, Director of Communications
(301) 565-4830 or Email: email@example.com
Silver Spring, MD (September 19, 2014) - The Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC) congratulates 14 affiliates that received funding through the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Fiscal Year 2014 Citizenship and Integration Grant Program. Twenty-five percent of the 40 primary grantees are CLINIC affiliates.
USCIS announced the awards, totaling nearly $10 million, yesterday. Forty organizations in 24 states and the District of Columbia received funding. These highly competitive, two-year grants will support citizenship classes and naturalization application assistance for 22,000 permanent residents. This is the sixth year that USCIS has provided funding for citizenship assistance.
Ten CLINIC affiliates received a grant from USCIS:
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Santa Rosa, CA;
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Stockton, CA;
- Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas;
- Catholic Charities of San Bernardino and Riverside Counties, CA;
- Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County, CA;
- Catholic Migration Services, Inc. of Brooklyn, NY;
- City of Littleton, CO;
- Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (Portland);
- Hartford Public Library (CT); and
- Hispanic Unity of Florida, Inc. (Hollywood).
In addition, four CLINIC affiliates received USCIS funding through partnerships with primary grantees:
- Catholic Charities of Cleveland, OH;
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, WI;
- Catholic Charities of Central Florida (Orlando); and
- Catholic Charities of Tennessee (Nashville).
CLINIC is committed to providing technical assistance to expand citizenship services for lawful permanent residents (LPRs) and will continue working with network grantees to build program capacity for integration services.
Jeanne Atkinson, Executive Director of the Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc., explains, “USCIS’s Citizenship and Integration Grant Program provides critical financial support for our affiliates providing legal and social integration services. Immigrant integration is vital to building stronger families and stronger communities.”
The nation’s largest network of nonprofit immigration programs, CLINIC supports more than 260 affiliates located in 46 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. For more information on CLINIC’s efforts to promote the delivery of high-quality services to immigrants, visit www.cliniclegal.org.