Bill/Statute: Public Act No. 13-89 
Year Law Enacted: 2013
Effective Date: January 1, 2015
Name of Document Issued: Motor Vehicle Operator's License
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Submit proof of Connecticut residency
- Present proof of identity
- Submit an affidavit attesting that you have filed an application to legalize your immigration status or will apply when you become eligible to do so
- Meet other licensure requirements
- Must not have been convicted of a felony in Connecticut
For more specifics, please visit: http://www.ct.gov/dmv/site/default.asp 
How long is the card valid?
The license will be valid for 3 to 6 years.
Are there distinguishing features or language on the license?
The license will indicate that it is not acceptable for federal identification purposes and include the following language: "for driving purposes only."
Is there an anti-discrimination provision in the law?
Is there a data confidentiality provision in the law?
Yes, any required certificate of an applicant’s health condition in relation to operating a motor vehicle will be kept confidential.
This summary was prepared in January 2014 for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice. For questions, please contact CLINIC’s State & Local Advocacy Attorney Jen Riddle at firstname.lastname@example.org  or (301) 565-4807.