The Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC), a non-profit legal services organization, has an immediate opening within its Capacity Building Section in Washington, DC for an attorney or accredited representative to provide training, technical assistance, and program support for affiliates and non-affiliate subgrantees expanding or creating immigration legal services in targeted regions of the country.
CLINIC is seeking a person with immigration law representation and immigration program management experience. The position will join an existing team of Field Support Coordinators and Project Coordinators in providing training, technical assistance, and project management to benefit CLINIC’s growing network of over 215 affiliates and non-affiliate subgrantees. CLINIC’s Catholic and non-Catholic affiliates comprise the nation’s largest network of charitable immigration legal programs.
- Train nonprofit agencies in all aspects of managing a successful immigration program using classroom, webinar, and e-learning methods;
- Research and disseminate resource materials on capacity building strategies and program design and management models;
- Assess affiliate programs and provide remedial support;
- Facilitate creation of charitable immigration programs and assist programs in pursuit of Board of Immigration Appeals agency recognition;
- Manage projects to expand the capacity and professionalism of funded affiliates and non-affiliate partners;
- Engage and consult with affiliate leadership on planning, preparing, and implementing significant changes in U.S. immigration laws; and
- Create, as assigned, training and technical assistance materials for use by affiliates to plan and implement immigration reforms.
- College graduate, preferably with a Juris Doctorate.
- A bachelor’s degree; law education or training; law degree preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment to serve the foreign-born in nonprofit organizations;
- 3 years of non-profit program management experience in the field of providing services to the foreign-born or 5 years of direct immigration legal services with project management responsibilities;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with support from a supervisor and a team of peers;
- Demonstrated ability in diplomatic communication, persuasive public speaking and training, and organizational planning and problem solving;
- Ability to travel across the United States; and
- Spanish-language skills in speaking, reading, and writing desired, but not required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision; life insurance; retirement plan; and generous leave. CLINIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, minorities, immigrants are encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION: Applicants should submit a résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to: CLINIC, Attn: Fanette Jones, 8757 Georgia Ave, Suite 850 Silver Spring, MD 20910; or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , with “Director of Development or DC Field Support Coordinator” in the subject line, by 05/24/2013, FAX: (202) 635-2649. No phone calls please. Visit our webpage at: www.cliniclegal.org  to review other job openings. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.