CLINIC and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops are hosting a conference on state and local immigration issues. The conference will be held in Salt Lake City from January 11-13, 2012. We will discuss methods for opposing enforcement initiatives and supporting comprehensive immigration reform. Workshops will include:
- strategies for communications and messaging;
- coalition building; and
- parish organizing and education.
On topics such as:
- comprehensive anti-immigrant legislation;
- state cooperation with E-Verify;
- education, health care and public benefits; and
- the impact of these immigration measures on the Church’s mission.
Confirmed speakers include John Sandweg, Counsel to DHS Secretary Napolitano.
Registration costs of $250/single room or $150/double room include hotel accommodations, all meals, conference materials, a reception on January 11 and another evening event on January 12.