Position Opening: Attorney: JFCS/East Bay
Attorney, Immigration Legal Services
Bilingual Spanish, Walnut Creek, CA Office
Jewish Family & Children’s Services of the East Bay (JFCS/East Bay)
Jewish Family & Children’s Services of the East Bay (JFCS/East Bay) with offices in Berkeley, Walnut Creek and Oakland, California, has been providing a wide range of multicultural, multilingual services since the late 1980’s. The agency seeks an Immigration Services Attorney , who under the supervision of the Director of Refugee & Immigrant Services, is responsible for providing immigration legal services, helping to grow and sustain the JFCS/East Bay Immigration Program, and connecting to the community regarding our immigration legal services in the JFCS/East Bay Walnut Creek office. He/she will also provide outreach and direct legal services to the Spanish speaking community.
- Work with accredited BIA representatives to strengthen and expand JFCS/East Bay’s Immigration Legal Services Program.
- Set up monitoring systems and oversee program progress towards goals on grants and contracts and write drafts of grant reports on immigration legal services.
- Provide outreach and direct services in immigration legal services to the Spanish speaking community in Contra Costa County.
- Supervise the legal work of accredited BIA representatives.
- Build and maintain collaborations and cooperative relationships with other agencies and community based legal providers.
- Represent JFCS/East Bay at community meetings and forums about legal services and immigration reform.
- Bilingual in spoken and written Spanish
- 3 years experience in providing immigration legal services
- Experience in program development and administration
- Ability to work with skill and sensitivity in a multicultural environment
- Experience and interest in working with ethnically diverse populations
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal and computer skills
Compensation is competitive, depending on experience. Benefits include medical, dental, 401K, generous holiday and vacation, great colleagues, and a friendly work environment.
Qualified applicants, please email resume and cover letter to: