The Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc., along with the Center for Migration Studies, Catholic Charities USA, Catholic Relief Services, Migration and Refugee Services of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and the Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities, held a press conference on Feb. 1 at the Casa Italiana at Holy Rosary Church, in response to the recent immigration-related executive orders issued by President Trump.
We believe many of these measures are destructive to families and our communities and contrary to Catholic social teaching. We will fight these policies and continue to honor our mission serving immigrants and refugees.
- Sister Donna Markham O.P., president and CEO of Catholic Charities USA
- Jeanne Atkinson, executive director, Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc.
- Bill Canny, executive director, Migration and Refugee Services of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Don Kerwin, executive director, Center for Migration Studies
- Rebecca Sawyer, vice president, Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Jill Marie Gerschutz Bell, senior legislative specialist, Catholic Relief Services
Representatives of additional Catholic organizations that work with immigrants or refugees or advocate on their behalf were also in attendance.