SILVER SPRING, Maryland – Press coverage is invited for the annual Immigration Law and Policy Conference, Sept. 25, from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at Georgetown University Law Center in Washington.
Panelists will include immigration attorneys, policy experts, federal agency representatives and service providers. In light of the fast-moving changes in U.S. immigration policies in the last nine months, discussions will address enforcement and legislative trends, among other topics.
The 14th annual conference is organized by the Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc., the Migration Policy Institute and Georgetown University Law Center.
See a full agenda here. Among scheduled participants this year:
- Doris Meissner, Migration Policy Institute
- Jeanne Atkinson, CLINIC
- Andrew I. Schoenholtz, Georgetown Law
- James Jay Carafano, The Heritage Foundation
- Elaine C. Kamarck, Brookings Institution.
- Wendy Young, Kids in Need of Defense
- Mark Hetfield, Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society
- Michael Dougherty, Department of Homeland Security
- Matthew T. Albence, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Benjamine “Carry” Huffman, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Cecilia Wang, American Civil Liberties Union
- Chief J. Thomas Manger, Montgomery County Police, Montgomery County, Maryland