At the Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc., we’re proud to work with passionate people like you who take up the cause of helping immigrants every day. Let us help you create the best immigration legal services program you can!
CLINIC offers affiliate benefits to both Catholic and non-Catholic nonprofit organizations that provide charitable services to low-income and vulnerable immigrants.
Who are CLINIC subscribers?
Subscribers are non-Catholic nonprofits with a mission to serve low-income immigrants by providing, or seeking to provide, legal immigration services. CLINIC’s affiliates represent the vibrant diversity of local groups defending immigrants and facilitating their integration. Our affiliates include libraries, affordable housing nonprofits, refugee service organizations, domestic violence survivor assistance programs, labor unions, and more. (Are you a Catholic nonprofit? Learn about how you can join the CLINIC network.)
A subscriber candidate must have a state-certified nonprofit status and 501 (c) 3 IRS tax designation. Subscribers should have a demonstrated mission to serve low-income and other vulnerable immigrants. Organizations seeking subscriber status must be providing direct legal services to low-income immigrants or actively planning to establish such services. Subscribers are expected to be, or become, attorney-driven, Board of Immigration Appeals recognized, or pursue recognition with at least one accredited staff person in order to practice immigration law legally.
How to Become a Subscriber
- Step 1: Fill out the Subscriber Inquiry form. CLINIC Director of Capacity Building, Jeff Chenoweth will review your information to see if you are eligible to join.
- Step 2: Receive, complete, and return the full application sent by CLINIC which includes the Subscriber Registration and Renewal Form; Subscriber Agreement; Core Standards for Charitable Immigration Programs; mission statement, and IRS 501 (c) (3) tax exempt status letter.
- Step 3: CLINIC asks the local Catholic bishop and immigration program director for input before approving your organization’s request to become a CLINIC subscriber.
- Step 4: Once accepted, you receive an invoice for annual dues and makes payment. Upon receiving payment, CLINIC issues an acceptance notice and activates benefits and services.
As a subscriber, organizations and their staff receive the following benefits:
Legal Training and Mentoring
- Access to the CLINIC Attorney-of-the-Day, a toll-free help line and e-mail address to consult with expert immigration attorneys on case questions.
- Access to a wide array of legal immigration toolkits, papers, training manuals, program management tools, and other resources to further enhance your practice and better serve clients.
- Free periodic webinars with updates to immigration law practice.
- Discounted registration fees for in-person, webinars, and e-learning immigration law and program management trainings.
- Discounted registration fees for CLINIC’s national Convening, the premiere training for people looking to expand their capacity to help immigrants in their communities.
- A subscription to CLINIC’s monthly affiliate-only e-newsletter, which covers hot topics in state, local, and administrative advocacy, law and practice features, and advice from immigration experts.
Organizational Capacity Building
- A field support coordinator dedicated to helping you start and upgrade your program.
- Consultation and technical assistance on starting and sustaining an immigration legal program. A Board of Immigration Appeals recognition and accreditation packet and assistance through the application process.
- Access to a subscriber-restricted section of CLINIC's website.
- Free access to CLINIC’s program management-related webinars.
Data and Assessment
- Self-assessment tool for immigration program management success.
- Access to CLINIC's Affiliate Annual Survey Data.
- Access to CLINIC’s commissioned survey of the undocumented and key demographic data.
CLINIC's Exclusive Agreement with LawLogix
- Pricing discounts, training and certification programs for CLINIC affiliates (members and subscribers) using EDGEtm, the leader in Immigrant Forms and Case Management Software. Learn more.
CLINIC subscription dues are $1,500 for 2015. Subscribers pay a reduced fee of $750 if the application is approved between July through December. All renewals are invoiced at $1,500. Subscription dues are invoiced at the beginning of the year when the annual renewal process begins.