In an effort to go green, CLINIC does not provide handouts for Convening workshops. All workshop materials will be available here until June 15. Please print any materials you want before arriving to Convening. Please check back before Convening for updates and/or additions to materials.
Wednesday, May 29
10:30 a.m. - 11:15 p.m.
2:30 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Thursday, May 30
9 - 10:30 a.m.
- Immigration Violations: The Three-Headed Monster
- Fundamentals of Family-Based Immigration
- Hot Topics in Immigration Law
- Nuts and Bolts of Case Management and Developing Policies and Procedure
- Won’t You Be My (Permanent) Neighbor? Permanent Residency for Religious Workers
11 - 12:30 p.m.
- 237(a)(1)(H) to the Rescue: Relief for Certain Deportable Permanent Residents
- Immigrating Through Marriage: Conditional Residency
- Demystifying Moral Turpitude
- Religious Worker Blues
1:30 p.m.–2:30 p.m.
2:30 - 4 p.m.
- We Are Fa-mi-ly! Establishing Parent-Child Relationships for Immigration and Citizenship Purposes
- All About Travel
- Maximizing Staff Potential
- Practical Consequences of the Humanitarian Crisis at the Border
- Case Assessment: Getting it Right from the Start
4:30 - 6 p.m.
- Seeking Asylum in a post-A-B-World
- All About Naturalization
- What You Need to Know About Public Charge
- Top 10 Issues in Immigration Program Management
Friday, May 31
9 - 10:30 a.m.
- Beyond the Interview: Getting the Facts
- What to do When you Make a Mistake: Ethical and Practical Implications
- Tackling Acquisition and Derivation of Citizenship
- The Risks of Filing for Immigration Benefits with USCIS
- Sharing the Journey into the Future
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Dealing with Denials
- The ABCs of Asylum Law
- Stop Pulling Your Hair Out: How to Handle USCIS Procedural Issues
- Non-court Removal Orders
- Power to the States: How State and Local Officials are Defending their Communities from Federal Government Overreach
2:45 - 4:15 p.m.
- Life after U Status: Challenges Ahead
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status: Avoiding Pitfalls in Light of Changing Government Practices
- Understanding Admissions into the United States
- Non-LPR Cancellation: Preparing and Presenting the Case
- Policy and Advocacy Briefing: Year Three under the Trump Administration