Fundamentals of Immigration Law
Workshops that form part of the Fundamentals of Immigration Law track are designed to give new practitioners a strong foundation in immigration law. They are recommended for those who are just getting started.
Participants who attend all eight sessions in the fundamentals track on May 31 and June 1 will complete CLINIC’s Introduction to Immigration Law Practice: A Course for New Practitioners and receive a certificate indicating course completion. This fulfills the Department of Justice’s formal overview training requirement, the first step towards partial accreditation.
- Introduction to Immigration Law and Family-Based Immigration
- Inadmissibility and Deportability Concepts and Selected Grounds of Inadmissibility
- All About Adjustment of Status
- Consular Processing, the Affidavit of Support and Waivers of Inadmissibility
- Overview of Humanitarian Relief
- Overview of Removal Proceeding: Court is Now In Session
- U.S. Citizenship: Acquisition, Derivation and Naturalization
- Should I…? Ethical Considerations in Immigration Law Practice