About the Convening
Significant changes to immigration policies are on the horizon. Now more than ever, we must speak up for immigrants who are living in fear and advocate for all people to be treated with dignity and compassion.
CLINIC’s annual Convening is the only training event that provides a comprehensive immigration law, program management and advocacy education. This three-day event will explore the field’s changing needs and prepare you to address them.
Our workshops are taught by immigration experts. They meet you at your level of understanding and provide practical ways to navigate the complexities of U.S. immigration law. Also, Convening is a premier networking opportunity to discuss successful strategies, share resources and build community with CLINIC affiliates and other immigration practitioners. By deepening your knowledge, you will be able to better assist the immigrants in your community; thus, helping to create a more welcoming America.
- Network with CLINIC affiliates, staff and leaders in the field
- Learn local, state and federal advocacy tools
- Hands-on workshops about changes to the recognition and accreditation process
- Advanced trainings on immigration law topics, including family based immigration, bond and detention in removal proceedings and humanitarian relief
- Learn how to represent clients in immigration court through our removal defense workshop
- Trainings on sustaining and expanding immigration legal services programs
- CLE credit hours
- Explore Atlanta, Georgia
About CLE Credit Hours
12 Georgia Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit hours, including 3 credit hours of ethics, are available for Convening. An additional 5 credit hours have been approved for “How to Master the Courtroom: Developing Effective Trial Skills and Persuasive Oral Advocacy,” including 1 hour of ethics. The amount of credits awarded to each attendee will be determined based on reported attendance.