Have you ever had a client who had a restraining order against them? Has your client ever had to take anger management classes to dispose of a criminal charge? Recent changes in case law have expanded the definition of domestic violence used by the Board of Immigration Appeals. Join us for a CLINIC webinar to review the circumstances under which an allegation of domestic violence may jeopardize a person’s immigration status. Subjects reviewed will include:
- The immigration definition of conviction;
- When domestic violence convictions are crimes involving moral turpitude (CIMTs);
- The crime of domestic violence ground of deportability;
- The crime of child abuse, neglect or abandonment ground of deportability;
- The violation of a domestic abuse protection order ground of deportability;
- Special issues for Fiancé(e) (K) Visa Petitioners; and
- Current ICE Enforcement Priorities.
This webinar was held on October 6, 2016.