The Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC), a non-profit legal services organization, has an immediate opening within its Capacity Building Section for an attorney or Board of Immigration Appeals accredited representative to provide training, technical assistance, and program support for CLINIC affiliates and other nonprofits across the country serving the foreign-born. The full-time position is based in CLINIC national office in Silver Spring, Maryland. Strong candidates may be considered eligible for the position and work in other cities based on CLINIC’s needs and feasibility to accommodate other locations.
CLINIC is seeking a person with immigration law representation and immigration program management experience. The position will join an existing team of Field Support Coordinators and Project Coordinators in providing training, technical assistance, and project management to benefit CLINIC’s growing network of up to 300 affiliates. CLINIC’s Catholic and non-Catholic affiliates comprise the nation’s largest network of charitable immigration legal programs.
- Train nonprofit agencies in all aspects of managing a successful immigration program using classroom, webinar, and e-learning methods;
- Research and disseminate resource materials on capacity building strategies and program design and management models;
- Assess affiliate programs and provide remedial support;
- Facilitate creation of charitable immigration programs and assist programs in pursuit of authorization to practice immigration law through an attorney or Board of Immigration Appeals agency recognition;
- Manage projects to expand the capacity and professionalism of funded affiliates and non-affiliate partners;
- Engage and consult with affiliate leadership on planning, preparing, and implementing significant changes in U.S. immigration laws; and
- Create, as assigned, training and technical assistance materials for use by affiliates to plan and implement immigration reforms.
- Preferred candidates will have a Juris Doctorate with a license to practice law in one or more states, or hold a bachelor’s degree.
- A bachelor’s degree; law education or training; law degree preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment to serve the foreign-born in nonprofit organizations;
- 3 years of non-profit program management experience in the field of providing services to the foreign-born or 5 years of direct immigration legal services with project management responsibilities;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with support from a supervisor and a team of peers;
- Demonstrated ability in diplomatic communication, persuasive public speaking and training, and organizational planning and problem solving;
- Ability to travel across the United States; and
- Spanish-language skills in speaking, reading, and writing desired, but not required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance, retirement plan, and generous leave benefits. CLINIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, minorities, immigrants are encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION: Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. Submit materials to: CLINIC, Attn: Fanette Jones, 8757 Georgia Avenue, Suite 850, Silver Spring, MD 20910; or e-mail to email@example.com, with “Field Support Coordinator” in the subject line. Candidates are encouraged to apply on or before September 30, 2016; however, the position will remain open until filled. FAX: (301) 565-4824, and no phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.