The Central American Resource Center (CARECEN) seeks an innovative Director of Legal Services to manage and grow the Legal Services Department. The Director of Legal Services will contribute to the overall strategy for advancing the mission of the organization through service delivery, supervision, grant management, fundraising, outreach and collaboration with coalition and community stakeholders, and advocacy initiatives. The legal director is a member of the management team and reports directly to the Executive Director.
CARECEN seeks an attorney with experience in program management and immigration law and procedures to lead the day to day activities of CARECEN’s Legal Department. The Director of Legal Services’ essential duties include the following:
- Provide strategic leadership and coordination for the provision of all CARECEN immigration legal services through direct services, workshops, and pro bono representation.
- Represent a modest caseload and balance the legal docket
- Manage the annual program budget, including grants and contract budgets and timely reporting.
- Lead program fundraising efforts to expand service capacity, including identifying funding sources and drafting grant proposals and letters of intent
- Recruit, train, supervise and mentor legal staff and supporting staff, including attorneys, legal fellows, paralegals, interns, and volunteers
- Collaborate and communicate with regional, local, and national advocacy groups to advance public policy and maximize CARECEN’s effectiveness in the community.
- Conduct outreach to provide legal education to the immigrant community
- Manage all program-related media, including press releases, media appearances, social media, etc.