About the Organization: Building One Community –B1C- , formerly Neighbors Link Stamford, is a non-profit organization established in 2010 to provide a comprehensive resource center for recent immigrants in the Stamford, Connecticut area. The mission of Building One Community is to bring passionate people together to help immigrants and their families succeed in the community. Visit our website at www.Building1Community.org for more information about the organization and its activities.
Profile: Building One Community is currently seeking a Family Services Case Manager with a background in Human Services or Social Services, to join our Family Services Support Team. Reporting to the Family Services Director, the Case Manager will provide direct support to individual immigrant families in the Stamford area, identifying and helping them meet their expressed needs. This position requires coordinating with internal staff members, partner organizations, schools, and local agencies, to provide support and connect our clients with area services and resources. The ideal candidate will be multi-lingual, well-organized, able to work effectively with a culturally diverse population; he/she will have strong communication and case management skills, and be fully committed to B1C’ mission and values.
- Meet with clients and prepare case screenings identifying all services needed; develop a plan to address each client family's expressed needs; establish and maintain up to date case files using software systems and tools as required
- Provide assistance and follow up to clients on issues of immigration, housing, domestic violence, employer abuse, medical, emergency assistance, education and schools, employment skills, etc.
- Assist with document translations for clients: for example, provide translations directly, and arrange for translations involving other languages with our volunteers/partners as needed
- Prepare applications, letters and other correspondence on behalf of clients as needed
- Work in conjunction with the Family Services Director and other members of the Family Services Support Team to establish and expand connections with community agencies and partner organizations
- Prepare and make presentations in the community or attend meetings and events as necessary, at the direction of the Family Services Director
- Complete other projects as assigned by the Family Services Director
- Bachelor’s degree in a social/human services related field; Master’s degree a plus
- At least 2 years of experience providing social services to clients
- Fluency in English and Spanish with demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills. A third alternative high-demand language a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, as well as confidence and ability to present to groups of people of diverse backgrounds
- Organizational and project management skills with a strong attention to detail and good time management skills
- Ability to demonstrate cultural competence and sensitivity towards clients, staff and volunteers is required in an agency serving a diverse, immigrant population
- Ability to exercise good judgment with minimal direct supervision, maintain a professional demeanor, and be self-motivated
- Flexibility to adapt and respond to emerging needs and priorities in a rapidly evolving environment
- Belief in the organization’s mission and goals, with strong commitment to the empowerment of low-income immigrant populations
This position description is intended to be general and may evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter with desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed; no telephone calls please. Building One Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.