To support the development of a culture of philanthropy and volunteerism on behalf of the Berkshire Immigrant Center
The Berkshire Immigrant Center is seeking a driven and passionate individual who can help us develop a comprehensive development plan during the next year and would also be interested in creating a long term salaried position at the Center. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team that assists hundreds of local immigrants annually and harness people’s energy around immigration issues in this political climate. In order to expand the scope and impact of our work BIC needs to expand our base of support, connect with volunteers and seek new sources of support. The ideal candidate would be able to commit to work part time on this project for 6 to 8 months would also be interested in creating and filling a long-term salaried position. The position will be based out of the BIC offices with some flexibility to work off-site.
The Development Specialist will develop capacity and infrastructure, greater philanthropic engagement and find new sources of funding through grants and collaborations. They will work to establish strong relationships with stakeholders in our community who share BIC’s interests and goals, work with BIC staff to engage and cultivate new donors, advisory board members, and volunteers. The position will also developing and executing a fundraising action plan and as well as various engagement opportunities.
Position requires strong verbal, written and oral communication skills. Ability to network and manage relationships with a broad and diverse representation of community and business members. Requires skill in multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and performing under pressure. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Prior experience with resource development and fundraising strongly preferred. This position reports to the Director. This is a part-time position.
- Identify, approach, cultivate and secure prospective and existing sponsors, donors, and other strategic funding sources.
- Identify prospective grant funding sources and prepare proposals and presentations as appropriate.
- Assist with current grant management and assistance with application processes as necessary
- Assist with the setting fundraising and development goals
- Oversee development and production of sponsorship/donor outreach materials.
- Build long-term sponsor/donor relationships as well as develop and maintain sponsor database to ensure that all sponsors and other partners are tracked and recognized
- Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers to assist with fundraising activities
- Proficiency with MS Office products.
- Demonstrated capability to take a leadership role with non-profit agencies, volunteers, and staff while working with diverse segments of our community.
- Demonstrated capacity for creative planning and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in collaborative activities.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and commitment to BIC mission as well as resource development and community impact work.
- Demonstrated high level of self-direction and an orientation to achieve results.
- Bi-lingual, bi-cultural a plus