OLA Raza is seeking an immigration law attorney to provide direct representation and services to individuals and families who may be eligible for immigration benefits in California's Central San Joaquin Valley.
The staff attorney will work closely with a team of our experienced immigration rights educators and with our community partners. Staff attorney will assist in community outreach activities in rural communities and community organizations. The attorney will provide legal assistance and advice to farm workers and low income community members through: (1) individual consultations; (2) direct representation in priority cases; and, (3) case work supervision. Staff attorney may be assigned work related to other immigration matters.
This position will be based in the OLA Raza Immigrants Rights Center in Visalia, California. Attorney must (preferably) have an automobile, a valid driver's license and must be willing to travel to other communities. This position does not involve evening or weekend wor k.
REPORT TO: OLA Raza, Inc. Executive Director
- Provide direct representation to individual applicants for: Family Immigrant Visas, Adjustment of Status, Ten Year Bar Waivers, Violence Against Women's Act (VAWA), "U" Visa, Naturalization, DACA and Administrative Relief for Military Families (Parole in Place).
- Coordinate, supervise and provide support to OLA Raza Immigrants Rights Centers and community partner organizations.
- Participate in OLA Raza community immigration forums, citizenship and civic action workshops;
- Receive immigration law education in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California and legal support from practicing immigration attorneys.
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by Executive Director.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Law Degree;
- Admission to the Bar in any state in the U.S.A.
- Commitment to immigrants' rights and OLA Raza' s goals and objective;
- Commitment to working with farm workers, low income and diverse immigrant community;
- Proficiency in use of web-based software;
- Fluency in English and Spanish Language or commitment to learn the Spanish Language;
Annual Salary: $41,000.00 to $49,000.00 based on experience plus vacations and 10 paid holidays. First year attorneys are welcomed to apply.
Send cover letter, resume, references to: Roberto Ignacio de la Rosa - firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: OLA Raza Attorney Applicant. Full consideration will be given to those who apply by August 15, 2017. All other applicants will be considered for other immigration attorney positions at other locations.