The Religious Immigration Section, a section of the Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC), is seeking legal interns to assist its immigration attorneys. We represent Catholic Dioceses and Religious Orders in bringing foreign-born religious workers into the U.S. to work for the Catholic Church. The legal intern will:
- Receive diverse immigration law assignments
- Be a part of a busy non-profit organization, with six attorneys on the Section’s staff
- Engage in case work including:
- applications for nonimmigrant visas at U.S. consulates abroad;
- applications for change of status or extension of status in the U.S.;
- applications for legal permanent residence;
- case management and client contact;
- legal research opportunities.
- Training on each aspect of immigration law will be provided
- The intern should be available to work at least 20 hours a week and may be eligible to receive a small stipend.
- The location is metro accessible.
If interested, please e-mail resume, writing sample, and references to Minyoung Ohm, firstname.lastname@example.org.