The Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC) has an immediate opening for a full-time Project Coordinator. The position is based in CLINIC’s national office Silver Spring, Maryland, with the alternate possibility of Austin, Texas. The position is in the Capacity Building section. Immediate supervision will be by CLINIC’s Field Support Coordinator and Integration Manager, who is located in Austin.
A primary task of the Project Coordinator is to oversee CLINIC’s role in the New Americans Campaign, a national, multi-organizational project to assist legal permanent residents through the naturalization process. . CLINIC supports the work of up to 20 nonprofits, Catholic and other community based organizations in the campaign. The Project Coordinator also will work to expand and strengthen CLINIC’s immigrant integration work by assisting immigrants around the country and the communities where they live.
- representing CLINIC funder, its affiliates and other national nonprofits in the New Americans Campaign in the project;
- providing technical assistance to project affiliates; monitoring project compliance;
- collecting and reporting project data; monitoring expenditures and reporting financial data;
- attending national and regional NAC meetings; creating and upgrading naturalization and citizenship materials;
- and occasional public speaking on relevant subjects.
The Project Coordinator will research social and legal issues that affect integration; write short articles based on current activities; create integration resource materials for receiving communities, and possibly speak at meetings and conferences.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Project management experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to provide or coordinate technical support; general database management skill;
- Desired but not required are familiarity with general immigration laws, specifically naturalization;
- Spanish language skills in speaking, reading and writing desired;
- High level of customer service and problem solving abilities;
- Occasional travel is necessary.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance, retirement plan, and generous leave benefits. CLINIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, minorities, immigrants are encouraged to apply.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and salary requirements. Apply at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=clinicinc&jo...