Supports the mission of Catholic Charities of Diocese of Arlington (CCDA) through the management and leadership of Catholic Charities Hogar’s Immigrant Services & Legal Services Program. Ensures effective service delivery by developing and operationalizing strategic and business plans for CCDA’s legal services including program planning and development, including policies and procedures, budget development management. Responsible for day-to-day operation of CCDA’s Immigration Legal Services Program. Ensures appropriate maintenance of records, assurance of confidentiality and standards of practice, ensuring compliance with the Council on Accreditation’s administrative and immigration standards, including risk management and safety. Provides ongoing management of immigration legal and, administrative staff, volunteer attorneys, paralegals and interns. Creativity, flexibility, and excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills are essential. The ability to work closely with Diocesan Chancery staff and Parish personnel is a must. The Program Director must be willing to work independently (off-site location) and as part of a team and have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment. The Program Director acts as an ambassador for Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington and is responsible for ensuring effective communication between the program and stakeholders. The Program Director will be responsible for promoting the Catholic Identity of the agency and that Catholic Social and moral principles are upheld in the workplace.
- Responsible for the oversight of client screening, intake management, caseload assignments, and review of cases/case files, including ongoing quality improvement with INS ZOOM for each of these processes.
- Manages legal services budget; meets budget targets; generates funds by proposing grant applications and setting the fee structure of services.
- Manages appropriate staff caseloads
- Prepares reports and collects demographics
- Recruits, trains, and manages dedicated corps of volunteers
- Oversees monthly citizenship workshops
- Responsible for Outreach services
- Responsible for networking within and outside of the Arlington Diocese.
- Ensures professional development of staff. Ensures staff receives training on immigration-related skills and knowledge.
- Provides education in the community, collaborates with partner agencies, and represents the agency at immigration-related meetings.
- Assists in the development and expansion of Hogar Immigrant Services.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of non-profit management experience preferred
- Completion of recognized jurisprudence degree and admission to the BAR of any state desired
- 5+ years’ experience in immigration law firm desired
- Able to integrate the agency’s Catholic Identity and strategic goals while meeting the needs of the immigrant community.
- Ability to prioritize need and knowledge of other similar non-profit agencies mission and services to reduce duplication and assist in clarity of focus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and work in context with the larger organization as a whole.
- Proven ability to lead by example and foster mentoring relationships
- Fluent in Spanish is desired and English is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to develop and manage productive relationships with internal staff and external clients to gain support for and commitment to initiatives.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, juggle multiple priorities, adjust to changing circumstances, organize time efficiently, remain attentive to details, and identify resources for projects.
- Deep understanding of Catholic Social Teaching as it relates to immigration
- Proven ability to work with chancery staff and Catholic clergy and personnel.
- Grant writing and fund raising experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products required.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.