Prepares client data for applications and petitions. Participates in community outreach and educational activities. Help to implement an expanded Immigration Services program for CCWTN. This position will have primary responsibility of working with immigrant clients with the goal of becoming a DOJ Accredited Representative. Specific responsibilities include:
- Work under the supervision of an accredited representative and/or immigration attorney.
- Conduct intake, interview clients for preparation of applications and supporting documentation, and conduct citizenship classes and group processing workshops.
- May not represent clients at DHS and may not communicate directly with DHS about a client’s case outside the client’s presence.
- Partnering with Parishes and CDOM Pastors to establish immigrant focused programs at their locations.
- Provide hands on case management in specific areas to include current, accurate case notes.
- Collecting and accounting for fee revenue as directed.
- Make copies and mail applications; answers phones; sets up intake appointments.
- Interpret in Spanish for clients and staff as needed
- Complete certified translation of documents from Spanish
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications…
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Administrative office skills
- Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish
- Willingness and ability to travel diocese wide
- Sensitive to diverse cultures
- A self-starter, who can maintain disciplined adherence to program goals
- Personal accountability toward achieving program goals
- Ability to work as a team member
- Excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Complete successful background check
Position Level: P (Professional) Full-time
Please send your cover letter and resume to Brenda O’Looney, Brenda.firstname.lastname@example.org