40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., some weekends and evenings to support program as needed.
Maintain caseload of detained and non-detained clients in removal proceedings eligible for immigration remedies such as asylum, CAT or withholding of removal, cancellation of removal, U VAWA, or family based petitions. Conducts legal assessment and review of complex cases to determine eligibility for immigration benefits and need for referral to other legal providers. Complete needed applications, declarations, legal briefs and compile supporting documentation for client files. Represent clients before Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR) in bond hearings, master calendar and merits hearings.
- Jurisprudence Degree plus 1-3 years related experience in immigration law.
- License to practice law in State of California preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in providing immigration-related services.
- Knowledge of immigration law, procedures, forms, eligibility criteria, court decision, etc.
- Ability to counsel clients regarding immigration law, procedures, forms, eligibility criteria
- Ability to represent clients before EOIR.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish preferred but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid California Drivers License and current automobile insurance in compliance with Agency requirements. Member of the California or other Bar Association.
$60-$65K Dependent on experience
How to Apply: