Human Resources Manager
As the largest charitable legal immigration network in the nation, CLINIC provides substantive legal and program management trainings and resources, as well as advocacy support at the state and national levels. CLINIC also has a team of immigration attorneys who specialize in religious worker immigration law, assisting Catholic dioceses and religious communities to navigate this complex area of law. As it has throughout its 30 year history, CLINIC continues to meet the legal needs of the rapidly growing population of immigrants in the United States facing deportation, breakup of families, loss of immigration status, loss of employment, and other negative impacts of changes in immigration law and policy.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Human Resources Manager. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for all aspects of human resource activities to include: Recruitment and Onboarding; Benefit Administration; Payroll Administration; General HR Administration, and Compliance.
• Manage the hiring process by coordinating job postings on website, external advertisements, reviewing resumes, conducting in-person and telephone interviews and reference checks and background checks as necessary.
• Manage employee onboarding, off-boarding, and exit interviews.
• Maintain and verify I-9 documentation.
• Administer health, life and disability insurance plans including enrollments, terminations and coordinating such with third-party administrators.
• Ensure compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and other paperwork as needed.
• Ensure employees understanding of benefit programs by regularly generating communication, counseling employees as situations arise.
• Liaison with USCCB Human Resource Office regarding pension plan
• Reconcile monthly benefits statements.
• Prepare monthly benefits/HR paperwork required for accounting.
• Manage annual open enrollment. Arrange for distribution of materials from carriers and arrange for on-site representation by insurance brokers and agents.
• Prepare and timely submit semi-monthly payroll and 403B employee contributions.
General HR Administration/Compliance:
• Manage ADP HR Services.
• Identify professional development needs of staff in consultation with supervisors.
• Maintain employee handbook and policies and procedures manual and ensure staff receive appropriate training as needed.
• Maintain listing of approved positions along with assigned salary grade levels.
• Maintenance and retention of complete and updated HR files with applicable legal requirements.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state and local governmental regulations regarding occupational safety and workplace environment.
• Maintain organizational chart, staffing chart and emergency phone tree.
• Provide public information such as verifying employment.
• Assist with wage and salary surveys, as needed.
• Initiate and monitor annual performance appraisal program.
• Responsible for annual Liability Insurance renewal.
• Ensure agency compliance with Federal and State registrations.
• Assist in the modification of position descriptions and position levels as needed.
• Keep management advised of potential HR problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
• Attend HR training on employee relations, benefits, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• BS/BA, major in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar program.
• Minimum 5 to 7 years Human Resources experience, including benefits program administration.
• Strong organizational and management skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• In-depth knowledge of personnel policies and procedures, employment and labor law.
• Working knowledge of benefits programs and their administration.
• Ability to mediate employee conflicts.
• Proven ability to organize and execute multiple and competing projects and priorities.
• Ability to work with highly confidential information.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now, preferred.
• PHR or SPHR, preferred.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and support agency mission, vision, value statements, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Willingness to understand, respect and contribute to CLINIC’s vision, values, and beliefs.
• Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff:
• Serve with integrity
• Develop innovative solutions
• Promote learning – for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
• Cultivate constructive relationships
• Model stewardship
CLINIC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits: health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plan, and generous leave benefits.
APPLICATION: Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements via this link.
Visit our webpage at www.cliniclegal.org for more information. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CLINIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, minorities, immigrants are encouraged to apply.