The events manager will be responsible for managing CLINIC’s annual Convening, other conferences that CLINIC participates in such as the Immigration Law and Policy Conference, all in-person trainings and select events. This includes a high amount of coordinating between CLINIC’s sections and the ability to collaborate with senior management. The role requires strong logistical event experience, exceptional attention to detail and a passion for creating high quality trainings and events for attendees. The events manager must be able to effectively manage all aspects of registration, marketing, training logistics, facility logistics, and budgets. Additionally, the events manager will evaluate each training and submit reports to senior staff that detail attendance, participant satisfaction, budget summaries, and reflections on event challenges and success.
- Exercise leadership in CLINIC’s training and event planning.
- Coordinate logistical aspects of all CLINIC in-person trainings or conferences, including the Annual Convening, National Migration Conference, Immigration Law and Policy Conference, Annual Family Immigration Law Conference, other in-person trainings or gatherings, and fundraising events as needed.
- Coordinate logistical aspects for CLINIC staff speaking at in-person conferences as needed.
- Coordinate internal meetings and staff retreats as needed.
- Collaborate with staff and others to ensure comprehensive, well-coordinated meeting planning.
- Coordinate with CLINIC staff to ensure training and conference objectives are executed, whether on site at CLINIC’s national offices or at an outside venue; ensure objectives are properly documented.
- Work with CLINIC staff to ensure facilities and arrangements support program goals.
- Work across sections to clearly communicate expectations and deadlines to trainers and follow up with senior management and training staff when needed.
- Negotiate contracts for smaller meetings to ensure services meet CLINIC quality standards and are competitively priced.
- Monitor attrition dates, cancellation policies and ensures contracted services are executed.
- Conduct site, food and beverage, and meeting room selections.
- Develop, in collaboration with staff, printed materials for conferences and trainings.
- Develop, in collaboration with staff, digital marketing strategies for conferences and trainings.
- Manage onsite logistics for large trainings. This includes venue sourcing, contracting, budget, site selection, online or –in-person registration, all digital and print materials, transportation, accommodation, communications, activities, theming/decoration, entertainment, gift selection, catering, audio visual, content supervision, speaker selection and event reconciliation.
- Act as primary contact for VIP speakers and other guest speakers as necessary.
- Oversee logistics or make travel arrangements for VIP speakers and other guest speakers as necessary.
- Develop and manage meeting budgets, billing and post-meeting reconciliation, final financial reports and cost analysis reports.
- Prepare and communicate written logistical specifications of the event/conference to the meeting venue or event consultant
- Develop and implement training/conference-related forms and procedures to ensure appropriate information and authorizations are communicated/obtained in a thorough and timely manner
- Stay abreast of developments in training and event planning and participate in relevant professional organizations and conferences to understand and, as appropriate, identify trends and recommend new approaches.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and support agency mission, vision, value statements, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior
- Willing to understand, respect and contribute to CLINIC’s vision, values, and beliefs
- Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff:
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning – for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships
- Model stewardship
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- BS/BA (or equivalent experience) in business management, meetings and events planning or related field
- Minimum of three years of meeting, training, and events planning experience, including budgeting, holding multiple, highly attended meetings per year, or related experience in a non-profit, education, or membership organization
- Minimum of one year experience as an upper level manager or primary decision maker for training or events.
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer service to multiple groups and people of diverse backgrounds
- Strong knowledge of and ability to apply meeting planning and hospitality industry principles, methods, and procedures
- Experience in negotiation and contract administration
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Superb organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and to direct projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple events simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to review, analyze, and synthesize information
- Ability to work under extreme pressure with multiple tasks and last minute changes
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and initiative
- Interest in serving the immigrant population
- Familiarity with the Catholic social teaching and the structure of the Catholic Church
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance, 403B retirement plan and generous leave benefits. CLINIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, minorities, immigrants are encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION: Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample, salary requirements and references to the following link by January 11. Applicants who do not submit all five components above will not be considered. The position will remain open until filled. No phone calls please. Visit our webpage at www.cliniclegal.org to review other job openings. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.