The Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC) has an immediate opening in our Silver Spring, MD office for a full-time E-Learning Program Developer to manage all aspects of CLINIC’s internet-based training programs, including rapid e-courses, multi-week e-courses, webinars and videos. Working with both CLINIC instructors and e-learning participants, the Program Developer creates and organizes new course websites, identifies and implements e-learning improvements and innovations, and assists CLINIC staff with technology support, student e-course orientation, and monitoring course completion. The Program Developer also monitors and assesses e-course registration, and prepares statistical reports tracking e-course registration and participation. Specific responsibilities of the Program Developer, as well as the required background for this position are detailed below.
- Developing and administering CLINIC’s learning management system (Moodle), setting up courses, uploading materials, adding new features as new needs are identified
- Overseeing all aspects of online events, including registration, live facilitation and certification
- Serving as liaison with CLINIC’s Communication Section on promotional strategies for the e-learning program
- Supporting the creation of new self-directed and e-learning courses by identifying infographics, visuals, and other design elements
- Staying abreast of technology developments and adding new functions to Moodle to meet educational goals
- Promoting staff understanding of Moodle, Adobe Connect and CiviCRM
- Drawing on instructional design principles to assess e-learning program needs and goals
- Providing student support through e-learning orientation and ongoing problem-solving related to use of e-course technology
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Training and Legal Support
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- BS/BA or commensurate experience required;
- 3-5 years’ work experience required;
- Ability to work collaboratively with different levels across a segmented organization;
- Advanced understanding of Excel and Microsoft Office products;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; deadline driven; self-motivated; must be able to work in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- High level of customer service and problem solving abilities;
- Ability to translate tech language for non-tech users;
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented, data-driven, and able to proactively identify and address problems quickly and independently;
- Experience in technical support or adult education a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance, retirement plan, and generous leave benefits. CLINIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, minorities, immigrants are encouraged to apply.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and salary requirements. Apply at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=clinicinc&jobId=210998&lang=en_US&source=CC3.