Established in 1985, the Immigration Department was one of the first non-profit organizations in the region to provide legal services and representation to the immigrant community. The Immigration Department is accredited by the Board of Immigration Appeals and provides a broad range of immigration services to immigrants and their families throughout the 12 counties within the Diocese of Corpus Christi. Catholic Charities of Corpus Christi, Inc. is a Recognized Organization by the Office of Legal Access Programs (OLAP) with the Department of Justice. The Immigration Department is currently staffed by one attorney and one accredited representative.
The Department’s Mission
Since its inception, the mission of the Immigration Department has been to provide the highest quality of legal services, education, and representation to the region’s immigrant community and to provide these services with compassion in a manner that ensures and respects the dignity of every person.
- Develops and implements the Department’s mission to provide quality immigration counseling, legal services, and support services to members of the immigrant and refugee community and their families;
- Provides legal counseling on a daily basis regarding federal immigration laws;
- Prepares and submits immigration petitions and motions for clients;
- Serves as a representative for clients before the Department of Homeland Security, US Border Patrol, Customs and Border Inspection and US Consular offices abroad;
- Directs and manages the resettlement of refugees sent to this agency as a subcontractor with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops;
- Organizes community outreach initiatives and provides education presentations for community organizations;
- Manages the daily operations of the Department including grant administration, collecting and assessing fees, supervises and directs department employee(s);
- Is fluent in both Spanish and English and can translate oral and written communications;
- Other duties as needed/directed;
- Juris Doctor degree, license to practice law and in good standing as well as prior immigration law experience is required; salary to be based on experience.
Send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to Shirley Dunn, Business Manager, Catholic Charities of Corpus Christi, Inc. to firstname.lastname@example.org.